April 30, 2018
• Any student wishing to take Driver’s Ed this summer can sign up with Mrs. Hiatt in guidance.
• Prom is over and it’s time to think about cutting off those beautiful locks for summer. Participate in the Pantene Beautiful Lengths hair cut event May 14th. See Mrs. Coleman during 1st lunch for more information or sign up to donate outside her room. Room A104.
• Any student that has any service learning hours or community leader hours needs to turn them in to Mrs. Hiatt in guidance.
• Attention: All students taking an AP class this school year must complete a pre-registration session with Mrs. Henson. Check your email for more details.
• Attention Bus Riders: You may not leave campus and then return to get on the bus.
• Juniors! The event you have been waiting for has finally arrived. You can now register to take the June 9th ACT. If you scored below a 21 on your first ACT, you should definitely be considering retesting either the ACT or SAT. See Ms. Jenkins or Mrs. Henson if you have any questions.
• Permission forms for the orientation and registration session at Surry Community College on Thursday are due to Mrs. Henson tomorrow, May 1st. This trip is only for seniors who have completed their applications.
• Please see Mrs. Ray ASAP if you are interested in auditioning for Concert Choir next year.
• We are hosting a Disc Golf tournament on May 12th @ 10 am. The cost to play is $10. All the proceeds will go to Hurricane Harvey Relief efforts. If you don’t have a disc, nor worries. You can borrow one of ours. See Mr. Howlett if you any questions.
• Last Friday, Harrison Morris and Hunter Eaton won the conference tennis tournament doubles championship. Emory Bray lost in the singles championship. They will compete in the 1A West Regional in Elkin this Friday and Saturday.
• Reminder, ASD/ALP is currently being held in Ms. Owen’s room on the 3rd floor Monday-Thursday.
• Happy Birthday Abigail Gilley, John Harman, Claire Hauser and Ethan Hogue.