May 2, 2018
• Any student wishing to take Driver’s Ed this summer can sign up with Mrs. Hiatt in guidance.
• Prom is over and it’s time to think about cutting off those beautiful locks for summer. Participate in the Pantene Beautiful Lengths hair cut event May 14th. See Mrs. Coleman during 1st lunch for more information or sign up to donate outside her room. Room A104.
• Any student that has any service learning hours or community leader hours needs to turn them in to Mrs. Hiatt in guidance.
• Attention: All students taking an AP class this school year must complete a pre-registration session with Mrs. Henson. Check your email for more details.
• Attention Bus Riders: You may not leave campus and then return to get on the bus.
• Juniors! The event you have been waiting for has finally arrived. You can now register to take the June 9th ACT. If you scored below a 21 on your first ACT, you should definitely be considering retesting either the ACT or SAT. See Ms. Jenkins or Mrs. Henson if you have any questions.
• The Concert choir will present their annual Pops Concert Friday at 7 pm. The concert is free.
• There will be a very important HOSA meeting right after school on Thursday, May 3rd in Ms. Snow’s room. The HOSA Banquet and CAN and Pharmacy Tech Pinning ceremonies will be discussed. Please come to sign up to help.
• Sophomores and juniors, there will be field trip to ECU on May 22nd. To be eligible, you must have at least a 3.0 and juniors must have scored at least a 21 on the ACT or a 1030 on the SAT. If your score was less that that you can still go if you talk with Ms. Jenkins or Mrs. Henson about retesting. There are only 25 spots available and you can get the permission form from the guidance office.
• This afternoon, the men’s tennis team hosts East Wilkes in the first round of the state playoffs. Match time is 4:30.
• Please see Mrs. Ray ASAP if you are interested in auditioning for Concert Choir next year.
• We are hosting a Disc Golf tournament on May 12th @ 10 am. The cost to play is $10. All the proceeds will go to Hurricane Harvey Relief efforts. If you don’t have a disc, nor worries. You can borrow one of ours. See Mr. Howlett if you any questions.
• Reminder, ASD/ALP is currently being held in Ms. Owen’s room on the 3rd floor Monday-Thursday.
• Happy Birthday to Austin Knott.