May 8, 2018
• Any student wishing to take Driver’s Ed this summer can sign up with Mrs. Hiatt in guidance.
• Any student that has any service learning hours or community leader hours needs to turn them in to Mrs. Hiatt in guidance.
• Attention: All students taking an AP class this school year must complete a pre-registration session with Mrs. Henson. Check your email for more details.
• Attention Bus Riders: You may not leave campus and then return to get on the bus.
• Juniors! The event you have been waiting for has finally arrived. You can now register to take the June 9th ACT. If you scored below a 21 on your first ACT, you should definitely be considering retesting either the ACT or SAT. See Ms. Jenkins or Mrs. Henson if you have any questions.
• Sophomores and juniors, there will be field trip to ECU on May 22nd. To be eligible, you must have at least a 3.0 and juniors must have scored at least a 21 on the ACT or a 1030 on the SAT. If your score was less that that you can still go if you talk with Ms. Jenkins or Mrs. Henson about retesting. There are only 25 spots available and you can get the permission form from the guidance office.
• Please see Mrs. Ray ASAP if you are interested in auditioning for Concert Choir next year.
• We are hosting a Disc Golf tournament on May 12th @ 10 am. The cost to play is $10. All the proceeds will go to Hurricane Harvey Relief efforts. If you don’t have a disc, nor worries. You can borrow one of ours. See Mr. Howlett if you any questions.
• Reminder, ASD/ALP is currently being held in Ms. Owen’s room on the 3rd floor Monday-Thursday.
• The Powderpuff Football Game has been moved to Monday, May 28th during a school assembly. If this changes your ability to play, you may still sign up to play or cheerlead. See Mrs. Ogle my Tuesday. May 8th.
• There will be a Powderpuff meeting for all participants on Wednesday, May 9th after school.
• There will be an Interact Club meeting on Wednesday, May 9th immediately following the Powder Puff meeting.
• Cheerleading tryouts will be May 25 – 26. Anyone trying out needs to have a physical before tryouts. Come by Coach Hodges room to get tryout information.
• This is the last week to sign up to donate an 8-inch pony tail to Pantene Beautiful Lengths and make a difference for women cancer patients. Information is posted outside room A104 or email Mrs. Coleman.
• Drum line auditions for the 2018 Marching Granite Bears will be held on May 9th at 3:15 pm. They will be held at the band room of the high school. All0District requirements will be used for the audition. If you have any questions please see Mr. Jones.
• Drum Major auditions for the 2018 Marching Bears will be held on May 17th at 3:30 pm. You must meet with Mr. Jones ahead of time. Please see Mr. Jones for more information.
• Happy Birthday to Omar Cordoba Seivers, Jacob Hicks and Nabyant Wagner.