- The 2023 Summer Class Schedule is below
- The class will be held in the MAHS Media Center.
- Registration is on a first come first serve basis.
JUNE 2023 CLASS SCHEDULE MORNING SESSION:
JUNE 2023 CLASS SCHEDULE - AFTERNOON SESSION:
JULY 2023 CLASS SCHEDULE :
Are you looking to register for Driver's Education?
Mount Airy City Schools will charge a fee of $65.00 per student for the Driver’s Education course. Payment is required when you sign up. Checks should be written to Mount Airy High School. We can only take students who attend Mount Airy City Schools, Millennium Charter Academy, or homeschool students who live in our district. If students choose to take the classroom phase at other places and come back to Mount Airy High School for road work, they will still be responsible for the $65.00 fee at Mount Airy. Payment of fee in no way guarantees a student will pass the course.
Driver Education Requirements:
- 30 classroom hours
- 6 hours in car driving
- $65 fee
All classroom work and classroom hours must be completed during class time. If you fail to complete the original class you started, you will have to repeat the entire classroom sessions. Each class is limited to 30 students.
- Students must be 14 years and 6 months on the first day of the class to participate in a driver's education program.
- You can sign up for these classes in the Mount Airy High School Guidance Office (Contact Mrs. Frazier)
- Students must receive 30 hours of classroom instruction and obtain a minimum classroom average of 70 along with an 80 on the final exam prior to being considered for road work.
- A minimum of 6 hours of driving time will be done by age. There are usually 2 students in the car at a time for 2-hour sessions, which means 6 driving days.
- All components of Driver Education at Mount Airy High School are completed either before or after school hours, during holiday breaks, summer or spring break.
The driving portion of the course will be given as soon as possible after the class is over and last until all students have completed the 6 hours minimum behind-the-wheel training. Students will be contacted by an instructor as the time and place to meet for this part of the course. Drivers will be selected by age oldest to youngest.
- Students must be enrolled in high school to take Driver's Education. § 115C-215 - Article 14
- You will not be called to remind you about the class.
- You must be registered for the class. You cannot just show up for a class.
Ready to Enroll?
Driving Eligibility Certificate
- Driver Education Completion Certificate (issued by in-car instructor)
- Student's original social security card
- Student's certified birth certificate from county courthouse (copies are not accepted)
These same items must be taken to the Division of Motor Vehicles office to obtain a Learner's Permit. The Driving Eligibility Certificate from your child's school must also be presented with items 1-3 above. Make sure the Driving Eligibility Certificate is dated within the last 30 days or you will need to obtain a new one from your child's school before presenting it to the DMV office.