- March 14 - April 1: 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm Makeup date April 2
- April 25 - May 13: 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm Makeup date May 23
- June 13 - 24: 8:00 am to 11:00 am or 1:00 pm to 4:00. pm (Makeup date June 27)
Are you looking to register for Driver's Education?
- Students must be 14 years and 6 months on the first day of the class to participate in a driver's education program.
- Students must be enrolled in high school to take Driver's Education. § 115C-215 - Article 14
- Mount Airy High School teachers Driver's Education to students who attend school within Mount Airy City School's district lines. This includes students attending Millenium Charter Academy and homeschool.
- You will not be called to remind you about the class.
- Each class has a maximum of 30 students. To register, you must make payment when you sign up at Mount Airy High School.
- The fee is $65
- You cannot just show up for a class.
Ready to Enroll?
Driving Eligibility Certificate
- Driver Education Completion Certificate (issued by in-car instructor)
- Student's original social security card
- Student's certified birth certificate from county courthouse (copies are not accepted)
These same items must be taken to the Division of Motor Vehicles office to obtain a Learner's Permit. The Driving Eligibility Certificate from your child's school must also be presented with items 1-3 above. Make sure the Driving Eligibility Certificate is dated within the last 30 days or you will need to obtain a new one from your child's school before presenting it to the DMV office.